Packpacking, mountain climbing, and trekking are exciting hobbies. What makes these activities more fun is that they involve gears and accessories that make everything more challenging and easier too. A backpack is a very common gear among outdoor aficionados.
With a backpack, you can bring along numerous hiking essentials including your hydration pack, sleeping bag, and so much more. However, choosing the right bag to bring along with should not be taken for granted. You have to know which brand is the most popularly commented in reviews and which one is affordable yet worth every penny. The Kelty Red Cloud 90 Backpack can make your search for the right bag easier.
About the Kelty Red Cloud 90
Cheap Hiking Backpacks that are made from the best materials are difficult to find these days. There are so many cheap bags out there but almost all of them also come with cheap quality. With a quality pack such as the Kelty you won’t have second thoughts about taking it back to the shop. Made from a reliable outdoor gear expert this bag is ensured with decades of quality.
Kelty was established in 1952. Since then it strived towards creating trusted adventure gears that allows everyone from amateur campers to professional mountaineers to enjoy any experience outdoors with confidence. It may not have focused on producing cheap hiking backpacks but all of its packs regardless of the price are made with pure effort. The Kelty Red Cloud 90 Backpack is perfect for hikers who seek durability and excellence at a reasonable price.
The impressive thing about the Red Cloud 90 is that it has great suspension and support. It is excellent for expeditions and day trips. Its new suspension system and waist belt are just some of the many brilliant features of the bag. It is so spacious that you can bring along with you comforts from your own home. This alone makes the Kelty Red Cloud 90 Backpack more than just a pack but a way of life. Backpacking can never be easier with a cost efficient and tough gear like this. Below are the backpack’s details.
Here are the Specifications for the Kelty Red Cloud 90 Internal Frame Hiking Backpack:
- Length is 35” or 89 cm
- Width is 18” or 46 cm
- Depth is 16” or 41 cm
- The bag can accommodate 92 liters or 5600 cubic inches of load
- Suspension is adjustable
- Small/medium weighs 5.12 pounds or 2.6 kg
- Medium/large weighs 6 pounds or 2.7 kg
Torso Fit Range
- Small/medium has a fit range of 14.5 to 18.5 inches or 37 to 47 cm
- Medium/large has a fit range 17.5 to 21 inches or 44-53 cm
- It is compatible with a hydration pack
- It is top loading
- It has a compartment for a sleeping bag
- It comes with a front panel access
- Side pockets are zippered
- It has a sleeve for your reservoir
- Pockets for water bottle are meshed
- Straps for stabilizing load
- Spindrift collar
- Loops for ice-axe
- Key chain
- Waist belt pockets with zipper
- It has lids that can be converted into lumbar pack
- Internal dividers
- Carry handle
- Front pocket
- Cloudlock II Adjustable suspension
- HDPE (High-Density Polyethylene) frame sheet
- Waist belt reinforced with HDPE
- Waist belt has dual density foam
- Waist belt is removable
- Shoulder straps are padded
- Back panel is well ventilated
- Back panel is wicking
- Has stabilizer straps or load lifter
- Has sternum strap
All of these features make the Kelty Red Cloud 90 Backpack a great bag to tag along with your next hiking trip. The dimensions also make this one of the best cheap hiking backpacks you can ever have. It is made of 420D polyester ball shadow with a 420D polyester Oxford reinforcement fabric. For example, the lid can be converted to a fanny pack and the front panel or top entry access can help you easily and quickly get your gear.
You can find more great outdoor backpacks here.